Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The only good thing about surgery is the drugs!!!

Well, Had my laparoscopic surgery and all I can say is "Bliksem"

They removed a huge fibroid on the top of my uterus (which was pressing on my bladder as well as making me look 4 months preggy), 3 smaller ones and stage 2 endo under my ovaries (on my tendons) and also a little on my right ovary.

I had my period on tuesday and it hurt like anything (which i was warned about by my FS). I l am so pleased with the results as my period is perfect now (no spotting, just nice red flow sorry TMI) and no premenstrual cramping. So woo hoo for technology. I am so thankfull that I live in todays time as they can save my uterus. Years ago they would have given me a hysterectomy. I am truly blessed.

As for my UU, the FS left the rudimentary horn in (which he said was inactive) as removal can cause further problems. He also said my UU was a good size and almost as big as a normal uetrus - which I almost cried when I heard. So, we are full steam ahead for this cycle. He is conducting a timed PCT this month to see if we just try naturally for the next few months or we may have to have further interventions.

Will keep you little unicorn lovers posted!!!!

3 comments:

  1. yay, so glad!!! So what is a rudimentary horn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling better and have received postive news. The worst must be going thru that pain to received Kak news afterwards.

    Good luck with the PCT..founds like fun...smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckywife - its the part of the uterus that didnt form properly and it can cause issues if an embryo implants there

    Bratty - next they will want to watch us DTD to make sure we are doing it right lol ;)

    ReplyDelete